TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   How to dump someone you are not dating! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t60555-how-dump-someone-you-not-dating/)

Collapsed November 25th 2010 03:55 AM

How to dump someone you are not dating!

So between my mom, dad, family, and friends, they all keep telling me I need to date. At 18 i should be playing the field. But I don't really want to. Dating and sex are just not something that I'm highly concerned with. I don't even go to parties. Well to get everyone off my back I made up that I was seeing someone. They think that we are a couple, just not exclusively, and they want to meet her. And I want to know if anyone could tell me how i can end this nightmare that I caused? Any help would be loves, please and thanks.

Tess* November 25th 2010 04:00 AM

Re: How to dump someone you are not dating!

Just don't bring her up in conversation for a while, if they say or ask something about her just say "oh ya we're not seeing each other anymore"
Or just casually say "things weren't working out with so and so"
They shouldn't be putting this much pressure on you. They should be letting you move at your own pace. Don't rush anything because of them. If you have to, talk to them about it.
Don't make things up in the future.

Sleepwalker November 25th 2010 05:28 AM

Yell into a phone about how you're breaking up, in a place where you can be overheard by your family, like they do in the movies! Just make sure no one calls in the middle of the conversation, haha.

Or not.

But seriously, I agree with Tess. Just don't bring it up for a while, and if asked, say you just aren't interested in her anymore. Or maybe she broke it off with you, that way you don't have to explain why. Just say you don't know. Honestly, it's okay to not be in a relationship, no matter what anyone tells you. If and when it's supposed to happen, it will. But it's not going to happen because someone says you should be dating. Tell them to lay off.

ARTPOP November 25th 2010 07:55 AM

WELL , have you got a pc and a laptop? Make a fake msn on the laptop , that is her , then on your msdn you "dump" her or she dumps you , either way :P Just get a friend to be her or somethhing

cptdean November 25th 2010 09:37 AM

I cant give tips really but go with the dont talk about it approach as people mentioned, but make sure its her flaws were the reason that you broke up if someone asks.

taylalatbh. November 25th 2010 04:21 PM

I agree with what Tess said. Just phase her out. Don't talk about her much anymore, and if anyone asks, just say things didn't work out.

Take care.