TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ditzsis77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sabrina

A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 16th 2011, 03:29 AM

I never thought that I would need advice like this. I am mostly here to give advice to others and help others. But I really need advice.

About a week ago, my sisters ex boyfriend asked me to go to the movies with him as a date. So I didnt want to be rude and say no. I mean I have always liked him alot. My sister and him have been separated for a very long time now. But they have two children together. But I have custody of the children. Im 20. And this guy is 29. He is a very good guy, there is little to no problems with him. He left my sister because of her cheating and doing other stuff. But I just want to know if I should give it a try with this guy. Please help me... our movie date is this saturday. I just dont know what to do...
  Send a message via AIM to Ditzsis77 Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzsis77  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 16th 2011, 06:13 AM

Does your sister have any involvement in her childrens' lives? If so, do NOT go on a date with this guy. If you want to go as friends, fine... but can you imagine what kind of an effect this would have on the children if their aunt started dating their dad, and their mom started to retaliate as a result?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 16th 2011, 08:32 AM

If you have custody of the children... does that mean the dad doesn't? Usually it would pass to him, so what happened? Does your sister have any contact in her children's lives?

Honestly, I would say you're better off without that drama.

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-Albert Einstein

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 16th 2011, 10:00 AM

All I can say... don't do it. You're setting yourself up for more drama. Pick a guy that has nothing to do with past relationships especially with someone who has had relations to your sister with 2 kids already. I honestly believe that's wrong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 16th 2011, 01:39 PM

You have custody of the children? Why doesn't he? What's wrong with him?

I feel like there is more information to be learned...

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#6 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 17th 2011, 11:19 PM

I think you should talk to your sister. Definitely make sure this doesn't affect your relationship with her! Although she was the one that cheated, she may care if you go out with him or not. You need to ask yourself if you would go out with the guy if she didn't agree with it or if she was okay with it. If you don't have a strong relationship with her, I'd say still talk to her.

For you...ask yourself a few things. Do you want to be dating the guy that your sister went out with? You said you like him a lot...but just think about these things. He had 2 kids with your sister and now those kids are in your custody. Do you see yourself being serious with him? Why do you have custody of the kids and not him?
Overall, think about your own life, your sisters, and his. I'd advise against going on the date...

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ditzsis77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sabrina

Re: A relationship with my sisters Ex boyfriend?? Ugh- i need advice... - February 19th 2011, 02:40 AM

Thanks for all the advice. I canceled the date tonight. I still wasnt sure if I wanted to go on a date with him or not. Im not saying that I dont like him or anything, but I was thinking about the kids and spending some time with them. I decided to take them out instead. lol. I have custody of the children because of my sisters faults. She never comes to visit the kids, and when she does it is usually only for 30 minutes to an hour. And the reason why the father dosent have custody is because he waved his chance in getting them because he didnt think he could handle two boys on his own. I knew I could, so I told him that I wanted custody. So he didnt do anything wrong. He just didnt want to hurt the boys.However, he does have a good relationship with his boys. And my sister and I dont talk all that much, but I will talk to her about him and I possibly being in a relationship. I just dont know what I want to do. I will sit down with my sister and talk to her about it. Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I will let everyone know what I decide to do.
  Send a message via AIM to Ditzsis77 Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzsis77  
Closed Thread