TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Would it put you off dating someone if you found out they weren't a virgin and you were? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t67770-would-put-you-off-dating-someone-if-you-found-out-they-werent-virgin-you-were/)

Riddikulus February 22nd 2011 07:43 PM

Would it put you off dating someone if you found out they weren't a virgin and you were?

Would it put you off dating someone if you found out they weren't a virgin and you were?

Opinions wanted please

Apdog February 22nd 2011 07:50 PM

Re: Would it put you off dating someone if you found out they weren't a virgin and you were?

No, as long as it wasn't with loads of other people, they would help you and be gentle cos they know you need tlc x

Le Papillon February 22nd 2011 07:56 PM

Re: Would it put you off dating someone if you found out they weren't a virgin and you were?

i wouldnt, because if they wernt still together, then it must have been a mistake.

TigerTank77 February 22nd 2011 07:58 PM

Virginity is an overblown concept that does more harm then good, so no.

In fact, if I was a virgin, and some older chick wanted my v-card, I'd jump at it.

Just remember, always wrap it before you tap it folks.

Eternal February 22nd 2011 08:08 PM

Wouldn't bother me at all :)

Ancora Imparo February 22nd 2011 08:18 PM

It wouldn't bother me at all because that doesn't make a difference to the kind of person I would see them as. :)

PSY February 22nd 2011 08:20 PM

I honestly don't know. I've always been my boyfriends' first girlfriend, so they've always been virgins. I'm still a virgin as well. xD

Riddikulus February 22nd 2011 08:24 PM

I don't think it would put me off as long as it wasn't with loads of people :-)

dr2005 February 23rd 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTank77 (Post 589356)
Just remember, always wrap it before you tap it folks.

I'd almost forgotten how cheesy that phrase actually sounds... :p

Anyway, no it wouldn't put me off dating them - I'm realistic enough about the real world to know that the odds of someone my age still being a virgin are at best 50-50 and what someone has done before I met them (provided it wasn't illegal) isn't really my concern. I judge people based on who they are as people, not what their story is.

Teddy Bear February 23rd 2011 10:10 PM

As long as they're not looking for sex at the moment, no.

MusicFreakCaroline February 23rd 2011 10:18 PM

nah... It might make things easier if you decide to have sex anyway

bitesize February 23rd 2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowstorm (Post 589349)
i wouldnt, because if they wernt still together, then it must have been a mistake.

Not necessarily. I'm not still with the first person I had sex with, but it wasn't a mistake...

Honestly?? Yes, it would, but only because I remember how much I used to hate people thinking I was innocent and inexperienced. It wouldn't make me feel more pressured to have sex, I think.

Kitty. February 23rd 2011 11:37 PM

It wouldn't bother me as long as they were STI free. :)

TheWhiteTornado February 23rd 2011 11:41 PM

It wouldn't put me off but I'd be really intimidated. That was an issue with one of my previous crushes and I was having panic attacks XD

Doodle. February 23rd 2011 11:59 PM

Nope, wouldn't bother me :)

kiara February 24th 2011 12:05 AM

i think that everyone makes mistakes, and we learn from them. Mistakes help us grow, to become better people, even though mistakes can really hurt us. If someone isn't a virgin, but is willing to make a commitment to not have sex again until it is really worth it, then I say, give them the chance to prove themselves

BECCALICIOUS! February 24th 2011 12:59 AM

I actually PREFER when my boyfriends have had sex. It doesn't pressure me, but I always assume they're "talented" if they have some experience. (So far it's held true... score!)

Boxy February 24th 2011 01:29 AM

No I wouldn't not date them just for that reason.
Now if there had been sexually active before me, and I planned on having sex with them, I would want them to be STD tested before we did anything (regardless of me being a virgin or not). It's all about safety.

Anomaly February 24th 2011 01:43 AM

No I don't think it would bother me unless all they were looking for was sex. And of course they would need to be STD free.

Gaia February 24th 2011 01:55 AM

It wouldn't bother me. All my partners had experience previously to me.
I'd prefer them to have had experience, it's just a little awkward and difficult if they are a virgin. I can only coach so much :bleh:

WillO'Wisp February 24th 2011 04:38 AM

No. As long as they respected my wishes to wait. I dated non-virgins pretty much everytime.

Veni Vidi Vici February 24th 2011 05:50 AM

Nope, I can't expect everyone I see to be a virgin.

AmazonQueen February 24th 2011 04:48 PM

it wouldn't bother me either. as a previous user said it's a little intiminating because i feel more pressure to have sex. but it wouldnt put me off though i think i prefer that my boyfriend is a virgin as long as i am i guess, since i found out my boyfriend is a virgin even at 19 its made me alot for comfortable with him, but even if he wasnt it wouldnt stop me from dating him

Ennui. February 24th 2011 08:19 PM

It probably wouldn't put me off unless they have already had sex with a lot of people. I'm still a virgin and proud of that fact, but if someone else has already had sex and wants to date me, I'm not going to care unless they have had a lot of other partners and don't pressure me into having sex with them.

Spellbound February 24th 2011 08:45 PM

I wouldn't care. I would probably actually prefer if he wasn't one, because then he would have a bit more experience. :)

TheNumber42 February 25th 2011 02:27 PM

When I was still a virgin? Yeah, I think it would've bothered me.

Now though, I wouldn't have any problem dating someone virgin or not.

Skeleton February 25th 2011 02:31 PM

It wouldn't bother me, no. As long as they were fine with the fact I was a virgin.