TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   would anyone else do this in college? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t85472-would-anyone-else-do-college/)

pursuit-of-happiness October 5th 2011 01:54 PM

would anyone else do this in college?

i really like hooking up with this guy but he told me he isn't looking for a relationship so i asked him if he just wanted to fool around no strings attached and he agreed. Would anyone else do this? I need someone for stress relief.

Sincerely Yours ♥ October 5th 2011 02:34 PM

Re: would anyone else do this in college?

If it works for you & you don't think you'll get hurt, go for it. Now, personally, I couldn't do a friends with benefits. I would get too attached & end up hurt in the end.

Harmony♥ October 5th 2011 03:31 PM

I did this, but it lasted about two weeks and we got together. Have been together ever since.

Ghost On The Highway October 5th 2011 03:38 PM

Yeah, but...
^
/
O

DeletedAccount56 October 5th 2011 07:28 PM

Up to yourself, its not for everyone, but completely your decision if you'd feel happy with that.

Ennui. October 5th 2011 08:49 PM

Once I get to college I might if I know the person well and trust them, and of course if I'm not in a relationship already.

bitesize October 5th 2011 10:12 PM

I've done this. Fun times. (: But it's much easier to plan to be involved and no strings attached than to carry through with it...someone will always develop feelings for the other, annoying as that may be. :/ x

Acheron October 5th 2011 10:30 PM

Best stress-relief ever.

jolly123 October 6th 2011 12:37 AM

It should be fine as long as you both make the ground rules clear and you both know exactly what you want from the situation. As long as you communicate well there shouldn;t be a problem. Sounds like it would be fun!!

victoriabankson October 6th 2011 02:01 AM

yeah i would

Just Peachy. October 7th 2011 03:51 PM

I would never do it, because I'm more of a relationship type person. But hey, whatever makes you happy. I think it's perfectly fine to hook up with someone once in a while. Why not? Right? As long as you're not hooking up with every guy you see/talk to. Just make sure you're protected in every way that you can. College can be really stressful. And let's face it, sex can relieve stress. If it work for you, the more power to you. :)

BECCALICIOUS! October 7th 2011 04:41 PM

I've noticed a lot of people do it in college, so even if people on this board don't, it DOES happen. And yes, I do it.