TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 11th 2011, 10:27 PM

So, I'm 15 and I went to my boyfriends house for the first time yesterday and I was only able to stay like, 3 1/2 hours after school.. but his friend (who's also my friend) was also over. So we were all in his room, along with his 7 year old brother (who is FAR from innocent for a seven year old.. he know all about sex and condoms and cusses and stuff..) and all they did was play video games for abotu the first hour and a half.. -_-" So I pretty much sat there. Just watching.

And then both his friend and his little brother are in the room and we are in the top bunk, his friend in the bottom, and his little brother off to the side in another chair with his DS out, and he kind of quietly wanted to start making out, right with his 7 year old brother within view! And I flat out said no and pulled away and he he gave me a pouty look and then just went back to video games.

And then later he wanted a back massage and actually pulled his shirt up so it wasn't covering his back and I again said no I wasn't going to give him a back massage, gesturing to the open door, and he was like "why, it's fine with my mom" and then she actually came in while his shirt was still up and she didn't even blink an eye. o_o What the ****.. I don't know, it was all just wierd... :/

Not at all what I expected it would be like and I guess I just wanted to know if guys are normally like this.. when their friends are always over do they always play video games? :/ Because seriously, it was so inconsiderate.. I sat there an hour and a half doing nothing... and then what about the rest of it too..? :/

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
suchxaxdollxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cammelle

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 11th 2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1234 View Post
I just wanted to know if guys are normally like this.. when their friends are always over do they always play video games?

YES. the other stuff is kind of weird, especially the mom not even saying anything. but the video game is not weird at all.

You gotta learn to live, laugh, and love. Especially live, even though sometimes it's the hardest thing to do.

www.facebook.com/cammyxchaos
  Send a message via AIM to suchxaxdollxx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 11th 2011, 11:14 PM

Lots of guys love video games, yes. Pretty much all of my guy friends play video games with each other. Maybe next time see if they will let you join in? Who knows, you could find it fun!
Some parents are just less strict than others, but take it as a good thing that she didn't care. Its better than a mom who is constantly watching over to make sure you don't even touch each other.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 11th 2011, 11:15 PM

like the above poster said everything but the video games is odd. But what can I say, Us Guys are odd creatures.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 11th 2011, 11:24 PM

Video games are just a guy thing. I'd always get my boyfriend to stop by distracting him with a kiss and so on.
As far a the little boy, if your not comfortable with it then just let him know.
And with the mom, dude I am soooo jealous! That'd be awesome hahaha. Be grateful for that little gift trust me.
Next time have him over to ur place. No worries.

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jubilation Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 12th 2011, 05:24 AM

I've been almost in that same situation. When I went to my boyfriend's house three or four times he's had friends over, and what they do is always the same: video games. Next time if that seems to be the case, playfully ask to join in! Then you can make it a group thing and he can find it adorable trying to teach you to kill zombies or something, or letting you win.

Better yet, next time ask him specifically not to have somebody else over so you can enjoy each other's company alone, if that's what you want.

As for the parent thing, it's a good thing that she didn't care, I would say! Though if his shirt is up, it's not that huge of a deal anyways. It's when the pants come off that the red alarms should go off for parents.

Hope I helped!

And I will try to fix you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jen

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 12th 2011, 05:32 AM

I was in the same situation.... to me, it was: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I played my first videogame at the age of 18 with my fiance. We had something more to share together, and it was kinda fun seeing his face after I beat him a few times :P

A computer once beat me at chess,
but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

I'm always here if you want to talk!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lifeblood Offline
Hellooo...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 13th 2011, 09:52 PM

My boyfriend's like this...but worse He has a 5 year old sister who swears and gives people the finger etc, no-one cares *shrugs*
He'll make out with me in front of her quite happily, or play video games with me there, dw it's annoying but sadly totally normal :/
Well the 5 year old swearing isn't but...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 14th 2011, 01:27 AM

Well, I don't really have a lot of experience with boys, but my brothers spend 24/7 in their rooms playing very weird, very loud, games. They seem to enjoy it, but I cant figure out what the big deal is lol. Anyway, it does seem a bit rude of him to push you aside like that, but his friend was over, and he probably doesn't have much experience with girls, so he probably didn't know what to do either. Maybe talk to him about it because I wouldn't want that to happen to me either. And as for how the mother reacted to him having his shirt up, she probably just thought that it was innocent since he was facing away from you. And shes probably used to him having his shirt off around the house so she thought nothing of it. If you that uncomfortable going over there, and your afraid this would happen every time, then I would definitely suggest you talk to your boyfriend. What I would be most pissed off about though, is that he allowed his little brother in there, he wanted to make out in front of him, and keep the door open when he wanted a massage. No matter what he says, giving a massage is intimate, and even if his mother wouldn't see it like that, you still do. Oh my gosh, I would be so uncomfortable...

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#10 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 14th 2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavemealone View Post
What I would be most pissed off about though, is that he allowed his little brother in there, he wanted to make out in front of him, and keep the door open when he wanted a massage. No matter what he says, giving a massage is intimate, and even if his mother wouldn't see it like that, you still do. Oh my gosh, I would be so uncomfortable...
Thanks everyone for all of the advice! Sounds like the stuff concerning video games just isn't ever going to change, which I suppose I can live with. ^_^ But to the above poster ^^^ I completely agree, his brother should've been gone and massages always end up intimate! I'll talk to him about that and we'll work something out. Thanks again everyone!

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Went to my boyfriend's house for the first time.. not what I expected.. - November 14th 2011, 03:32 AM

Since the OP's question has been answered I am going to go ahead and close this. Feel free to PM me if you want it reopened.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread