TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Whats the best way to start getting into the dating game?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t89434-whats-best-way-start-getting-into-dating-game/)

Lars November 28th 2011 12:07 AM

Whats the best way to start getting into the dating game??

Well Ive never been in a relationship. Ive never had a girlfriend nor have I had sex. I not awkward around women, I just have never felt it was the right time to get into things, weither it be family and stuff I have always put other things first. Whats the best way to start asking women out?? Im a college student who lives at home right now and Im unemployed at the moment as my job is seasonal. Im not a bad looking guy, I have just never found the right way to get into it? :'( Please help !!

Eternal November 28th 2011 01:18 AM

Re: Whats the best way to start getting into the dating game??

For now, just start off as friends and be social. Get to know some girls and then find one who you could see yourself dating. Then, ask her on a date. Its best to have some conversations so that you can get to know each other rather then just asking out a random girl. You sound confident, which is always a good thing. Just be friendly and don't stress too much about asking girls out. Dating should be fun, it shouldn't be stressful.

Lars November 28th 2011 01:50 AM

I give off to much of a friend vibe and I dont know how to get into the more than a friend mode. I dont know when to flip the switch so to speak lol

Eternal November 28th 2011 01:53 AM

Have you tried flirting at all? That can give off hints that you are interested in being more than just friends.

Lars November 28th 2011 02:06 AM

I try but it comes off as just being friendly I guess, I havent seen any results

Eternal November 28th 2011 02:19 AM

Maybe those girls just weren't interested in you. However, how do you know that you were stuck in the friend zone?

Lars November 28th 2011 02:21 AM

To be honest, Its the way they talk to me like hey bro! Aye dude. Like they intentionally address me with emphasis on those words. I just think I suck at flirting hahaha XD

Eternal November 28th 2011 02:25 AM

Well that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't see you as boyfriend material XD Have you tried asking any of them to go on a date? Never know until you try :)

Lars November 28th 2011 02:34 AM

I asked one of em out senior year to an icecream parlor and she invited a bunch of friends without me knowing -_-

Harmony♥ November 28th 2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars (Post 764831)
I asked one of em out senior year to an icecream parlor and she invited a bunch of friends without me knowing -_-

She probably did this because she was nervous, and in a group, things are less likely to be awkward.

As Nicole said, I would start off as being friends first, and getting to know people. Don't try to jump into the dating scene right away. I always think that friends make the best relationships (my boyfriend and I were friends for 2.5 years before we started dating, and we've been together for nearly 3 years now).

Chair November 28th 2011 07:55 AM

Talk, tease, tickle. Not necessarily in that order.