TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Hard to get over.. - November 30th 2011, 11:03 PM

So a few weeks ago I went on an exchange trip in Germany and when I was over there I met this girl. Now nothing ever happened between us and she has a boyfriend for 3 years, but I completely fell heads over heels for her as soon as I saw her, she is absolutely beautiful inside and outside, we got really close as friends and I honestly felt like I would do anything for her.

Ever since I got back we talk every day on FB and stuff, without fail for hours, and I just cant seem to get over her, I would give anything for her, and she's coming to stay at mine in the Summer. What should I do, should I stop talking to her and allowe myself to forget about her, should I tell her how I feel on the off chance she feels the same? I honestly dont know

And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mercyfall Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Taylor

Re: Hard to get over.. - November 30th 2011, 11:15 PM

I would say to, at least, let you feelings out. Make sure that you tell her you're not about to try to take her from another guy, though. I don't know much about relationships, but I know that letting your feelings out is still a good thing.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mercyfall 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Perfectly Insane<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Re: Hard to get over.. - December 1st 2011, 12:03 AM

I would consider looking at the facts. Did you two spend some time together when you went to Germany? Are you sure you both connected on the same level? If so, maybe there is something going on.

But you also mentioned that she has had a boyfriend for the past three years.

Ease into the topic of your feelings with her when she comes to stay at your place; just keep in mind that she has a boyfriend back in her home country. Don't try to break them apart, just mention that you have noticed recently that you have been developing feelings for her that extend beyond friendship.

Let things take it's course from there and don't push or get too down in front of her if things do not go as you would have liked.

I hope you and her can work things out and please feel free to message me anytime(:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Staff On Leave

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Hard to get over.. - December 1st 2011, 02:09 AM

I agree with the other poster. I would let your feelings out, because if she doesnt feel the same way, then its no big deal you can just move on since you dont see her often and she lives so far away. Alot of hearts are broken due to words left unspoken so you should just let her know. If she says she likes you, just keep doing what your doing and then wait for her to visit!

Goodluck!

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lars Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lawrence B

Re: Hard to get over.. - December 1st 2011, 03:52 AM

Oh god, this sounds similar to my predicament except I met the girl over myspace, she lives only 200 miles away and shes single . Shes german to, an all around very beautiful and amazing person. Shes staying here over winter break =/ I dont know what it is about her..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Hard to get over.. - December 1st 2011, 04:08 AM

If she already has a boyfriend, then honestly chances are slim that she would leave him for you. You have to take that into consideration because while its good to let her know how you feel, it could turn awkward if she says no because she has a boyfriend and because of the distance. I would wait until she comes to visit you and if she doesn't have a boyfriend anymore, then that would be a good time to tell her.

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

Closed Thread