TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
glaceon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 12:32 AM

My boyfriend acts like I don't exist or that I don't matter to him. He never texts me, calls me, sends me messages on Facebook or Steam, or asks me to hang out. I always have to do this if I want to see him. Even before we were going out and he had a crush on me, he acted this way. The only reason we got together is because of me.
I've talked to him about this and it hasn't made a lasting difference. Once a few weeks ago when I was upset with him, he told me that he knows he's not a very good boyfriend (he's inexperienced with girls) and that he wants me to tell him what to do to get better. So I told him that I wanted him to message me and ask me to hang out more often because this really bothers me. He did nothing. About a week ago, during a date I asked him again. Nothing.
I'm thinking about giving up on this guy. I really like him but I deserve better. But before I do anything like that, I found an interesting little page on the Internet about how to treat your girlfriend. I figure it's pretty accurate for how I want to be treated. This is the link:
http://revortay1.hubpages.com/hub/10-Ways-to-Make-Your-Girlfriend-Feel-Special
Anyway, I was wondering if it would be appropriate to send him this link, or if it would be totally rude or what... and if it would even make a difference. Thanks.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 12:50 AM

First of all, I don't think it would be rude at all to send him this. Honestly, he's the one being rude by not thinking about your feelings. He's your boyfriend, and he should want you to be happy.

Second, from what you wrote about him, I'm not sure it will make much of a difference, to be honest. Whether or not you give up on him is your choice, but considering you've tried in the past to make him pay more attention to you I don't think he's going to change soon. In the end it's all up to you.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 01:29 AM

I think it's a waste of your time, to be blunt.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 01:58 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Lissa. You've tried to get his attention in the past, and he's done nothing. Sending him this link probably wouldn't make a different either.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
youbetheanchor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jon

Points: 8,337, Level: 13 Points: 8,337, Level: 13 Points: 8,337, Level: 13

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 02:52 AM

To reiterate Lissa and Shannon, even from a male perspective I would just leave. What's a relationship without communication?

"And if you sing to me sweet until then, I may never sail Virginia again"
~Jon
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 03:28 AM

Well, you could send him the link. But I can practically guarantee that it will not achieve anything. Why? Because your boyfriend already knows how he should be treating you. He already knows that he should be talking to you, messaging you, asking you out. In fact, he probably knew that before you even told him (I doubt any guy is stupid enough to think that they don't need to talk to their girlfriend to be a good boyfriend). The fact is that he clearly does not care about you enough to be a good boyfriend.

Break up with him now. Everything you've said just screams that this guy does not want to be your boyfriend, but is either too lazy or too much of a coward to actually end the relationship. You said yourself that you deserve better. So prove it by standing up for yourself and leaving the relationship.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 06:53 AM

I agree, there really is no point in sending it. I think just talking to him about it would be more effective. If that doesn't work, then its time to find someone who will treat you right.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 05:43 PM

As a guy, I can tell you that the link is going to be pretty much useless. Unless he has psychological issues about vulnerability, then he already knows the concept of being in a relationship. The problem is that he doesn't really apply it. Sending him the link will only reiterate what he already knows. Like they say, you can lead a mule to water, but you can't force it to drink. It seems that he's having commitment issues. Maybe he feels that you're still just a crush, and sometimes crushes are better off not dating because they're not near as compatible as we think they are. The best advice I can offer is that you need to have a serious talk with him. You like him, he's not putting forth any effort, and if he's not willing to put any effort into the relationship then the relationship isn't working out. It's not your responsibility to research how to be a better boyfriend; I've been dating my girlfriend for 8 months, and I'm still always researching ways to better our relationship (even if it's very strong). If he cares, he'll do something about it. If not, then you gotta find someone who is willing to commit.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 3rd 2012, 08:05 PM

I think instead of sending him this link, talk to him yourself. It'll clear the air and make you feel better. You want to be able to get stuff off your chest yourself. I hope things work out for you

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#10 (permalink)) Old
GCCBrian Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brian

Points: 9,175, Level: 14 Points: 9,175, Level: 14 Points: 9,175, Level: 14

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 7th 2012, 11:27 PM

If he doesn't accept you, and treat you how you would want a man to treat you, I say dump that trash and move on.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,583, Level: 12 Points: 7,583, Level: 12 Points: 7,583, Level: 12

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 7th 2012, 11:31 PM

I honestly don't think this relationshup is worth it. He isn't making you feel loved or appreciated in any way, he hasn't been making any effort at all and doesn't know how to treat women so it's best you find someone who can treat you better. You can't be happy in a relationship where he ignores you all the time and doesn't work on it with you. It takes two people to make a relationship work.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
glaceon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: Should I send my boyfriend this web address on how to treat your girlfriend? - January 8th 2012, 03:04 AM

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the replies! I ended up talking to him and it turns out he was under a lot of pressure recently. I think things are going to work out though.
Thanks ^^
Closed Thread