TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Valentine's Day Gifts - January 27th 2012, 11:02 PM

If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it. It seemed to fit here best though.

Background information: I am 18 and my boyfriend is 20. This my first dating relationship and his second. We have only been dating for 2 months, but we've been friends for 2 years and best friends for a little over 1 year.

I know I'm thinking a little far ahead, but I've been thinking about giving him something for Valentine's Day and I was wondering what you girls are doing/have done for your boyfriends and if you have any suggestions. Guys can answer too if you have ideas. It can't be expensive, but it can be more than just a card or candy (and he doesn't really eat candy, so not that). I want it to be kind of personal, meaning not something typical like cologne....but I also don't want it to be overly romantic because we are only dating, not married. To us, dating is just a time to decide if we are going to get married. We don't want to act like we belong to each other, but I also appreciate his friendship and love so much and want to express that somehow with whatever I give him. I'm definitely writing him a card, and I have a few other ideas to go with it, but I wanted to get some more ideas before I decide for sure.

Thanks in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
I've been here a while

Name: George

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 03:07 AM

Maybe a poem about how much he means to you not only as a boyfriend but as a friend?
Personally, I think I'll get the person I like a card and chocolates... But I'll probably end up making the card because she's obsessed with a anime slash couple.

^^ Just the little personal details to make it amazing, will work for anyone. ^^ You could also maybe get him or do something with him that you have done while in the 3 years you've known each other?

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 03:16 AM

Here are a few ideas, but some may be stupid (depending on how you and him are personality wise and what will work best):

-'Reasons why I love you book'
-Split heart neckless (each person gets a half of an heart)
-Custom Pillow
-Photo collection
-Custom Boxers (ex: "I love Jenny")

What sports does he like? Maybe get him something from there. Where was your first date? Maybe get a few things from there (like a shirt). Just try to think about what means most into his life and surround your gift ideas around that.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 05:19 AM

Thanks both of you! I like a lot of those ideas.

The idea of the "reasons why I love you" book is really cool. I had another similar idea too. Have you ever seen those post-it note dispencers that you put the post-its in and pull them out one by one? I was thinking of getting one of those and filling it up with a bunch of post-its that have love notes, bible verses about love (romantic love and God's love), quotes about love, our inside jokes, etc. Then he can pull one out every once in a while to read and it's something that will last a long time (they come with 100 sticky notes). I'd also decorate the dispencer somehow. He's starting a ministry that he's really excited about, and the ministry's logo has a heart in it...so maybe I could get that put onto it somehow.

Would a guy like that though? Or is that just something that I think is cute because I'm a girl? lol I mean, I've written him a letter on a post it note a few times before and he kept them hanging in his room. I could maybe make him cookies or something with that.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 05:26 AM

I like the Idea! I think you should 100% do it! I think he will like it!

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug and Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 05:53 AM

I like your Post-its idea too! I think he would like it, because whenever he's feeling down he could always just pull out another one and read it to brighten up his day. I'm sure he will find it very sweet as well

~~~
Article Editor | Project Advisor
~~~
Skittlify

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 28th 2012, 05:57 AM

Thanks!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Valentine's Day Gifts - January 30th 2012, 04:42 PM

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find red post it notes! lol Especially because I need the pop-up ones that fit into the dispensers. There's only one place online that sells them, and they are sold out.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

Closed Thread