TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jasmin22 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jasmin

My boyfriend goes out too much - March 3rd 2012, 03:07 PM

Hii, okay.
so basically i kind of need replies really fast as i am currently writing a message to my boyfriend as we speak, but i need help with it.

my boyfriend goes out heaps, all the time. and he has a reputation for cheating, and there have been rumors so every time he goes out i get worried. he doesn't really think about me, how i feel. for example, when he's at my house, he makes plans to go out after he's done there, and that really hurts me. i'm not the kind of person who likes going out, even though i have done it for him but not enjoyed myself.
today, i was also really sad, but he put going out before making sure i was okay and asking me what was wrong.

please help asap!

Hope everything turns out all right
Jasmin <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: My boyfriend goes out too much - March 3rd 2012, 04:24 PM

The best thing to do is to just be honest with him and say exactly what you told us.
However, it wouldn't be fair to tell him that you don't like him going out because he's probably spending time with friends. Has he given you a reason to not trust him? If not, then it isn't necessarily fair to be suspicious of him cheating or doing things he shouldn't when he's out.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: My boyfriend goes out too much - March 3rd 2012, 05:13 PM

I agree with being honest about your feelings to him, but I wouldn't write it out. I would talk to him face to face to show sincerity of your feelings. Now when you mean go out, just go out with friends or is there more to it? Sounds like you two need to sit down and communicate with each other because it seems like he just doesn't even care about you in general and that's a bad sign as it is. If a guy cares more about himself than you, he's not at the same level as you. Talking to him about it can lead to 2 things. 1) He can change to your liking. 2) He'll ignore you and continue to go out. If he's not an ass he'll do the first one. I would honestly suggest going out with him too, but going out with him for both of you to enjoy. Trust your instincts. Good luck !

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jamesman9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James Fockler

Re: My boyfriend goes out too much - March 3rd 2012, 10:53 PM

Well give it time. It could be a big problem or nothing at all. To me something is not right.....honestly i used to have that same reputation but did not do it in that manor. All it takes is one person to change that. If the other is cheating maybe it is a sign by some one or something that you two are not right for each other and your special someone is still roaming around looking for, well YOU! I hope this helps at least a little bit!

life is like a box of chocolates, you never know whatcha gunna get!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: My boyfriend goes out too much - March 5th 2012, 02:27 PM

Be honest with him. If his going out every night bothers you, you need to tell him your feelings. We all like to go out every once in a while, and honestly, if this is something he wants to do, you might not be able to stop him but at least you can tell him how you feel. If he isn't considering your feelings, maybe it's time to reconsider your relationship with him. He shouldn't be putting your feelings on the back burner. You should come before his wanting to go out, and if he's not doing that, he doesn't sound like a very good boyfriend to me.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread