TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marcos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need help with a girl - March 6th 2012, 02:49 AM

So, I like this girl a lot. She's really cool and I like hanging out with her. We dated a while during the summer, but she broke up with me . I went to a dance with her and i've been hanging out with her a lot recently because she's really funny, nice, and awesome. The thing is though that she talks about her ex's with me and idk why. She talks about how one of her ex's is dating a hoe or whatever and another keeps texting her and it's really confusing me. Is she trying to make me jealous or something?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Re: Need help with a girl - March 6th 2012, 03:42 AM

Usually when a girl did something like that there could be two possibilities, either she felt like you're her good friend and a good listener who she can comfortably talk to about her personal matter or somehow she likes you and tried to see your responses or reactions after she told you all about her ex boyfriends.
If your case is the latter, then I don't think she actually wanted to make you jealous, she's just trying to make you spit out your feelings for her as maybe she didn't know how to but only that way.
If you really felt jealous after you heard all that she told you about the ex, I suggest you talk to her about how you feel. Don't just keep it in your heart and confuse yourself. It's just never good to wonder about things that you're not even sure of the answer.
Did you ever asked her how she feels about her ex boyfriends? Maybe you should ask her whether she still wishes to be with any of them or not and then you can decide your next move whether or not you want to date her again like you used to and get into a more serious relationship with her. Good luck!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Need help with a girl - March 6th 2012, 10:36 AM

Two things I'm taking from this:
  • 1. She's comfortable with you. That doesn't mean she's trying to make you jealous. It just means she feels comfortable enough AROUND you that she can be open and talk to you fairly, like she would any other friend.
  • 2. She's doing this to make you jealous.

In my opinion, I'm going with number 1. She has no reason to make you jealous. She ended the relationship, you didn't. She is probably considering you a close friend, and remember, you're one of those ex's that continues to speak with her, and you're probably one of those ex's she talks about (to other friends, obviously).

Don't think too much into it. I just think you've been friend-zoned.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Marcos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need help with a girl - March 8th 2012, 12:53 AM

ok thanks for your help . I've just never had any girl really talk about their ex's to me. new experience for me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need help with a girl - March 8th 2012, 02:56 AM

Marcos, old saying: "Beware those who talk of their exes too much". This is the sequel to "You cannot pick up a new book until you put the old one down".

People talk about their exes too much (that is, when it's not really asked by you, nor does it quite seem appropriate to the situation) largely because they're not over them, they still have some feelings either about them, or the break up, or something. It's on their mind. And, if it's THAT preoccupying that they bring it up unexpectedly or in an unwanted way, then they can't really attend to the relationship with you.

I say, you ask her why she's bringing this up, and if it feels uncomfortable when she does, nicely ask her not to. She might still need to re read a few chapters of that last book before she's ready for a new one, and nothing you say or do is going to change that anyways. So, you might as well clear the air and find out early on if she's ready or not.

Also, as an FYI, people who bring old stuff up with the intention of making you jealous deserve the big KO. That's not the way to make you want them or like them or appreciate them more. If anything it usually has the opposite effect.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Superman
I've been here a while

Re: Need help with a girl - March 8th 2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Don't think too much into it. I just think you've been friend-zoned.
Totally agree with this.

Appearance is a consequence of fitness

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Closed Thread