TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

was this okay to say? - April 17th 2012, 05:31 PM

I told the guy im talking to that I think I might have a UTI because sex has been hurting. We haven't been talking that long...guys do you find it weird for a girl to be really open in the beginning stages of dating?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Re: was this okay to say? - April 17th 2012, 06:02 PM

I'm not male, so I can't REALLY answer this from the perspective you want.

But I will say that I would be that open with any sexual partner I've had or would have (hell, I say much crasser things to my current partner) - if you're having sex with them, and something is affecting your comfort during that sex, they should know. And they should be okay with it! It's really not that weird of a thing to share, I honestly think. Besides, I'd generally stick with oral/manual stimulation etc until it's cleared up so you don't make it worse, and you'd have to explain why P in V sex isn't on the table for a little bit. (Alternatively, if you're chancing sex whilst you've still got one, it's recommended that you pee before/after sex, and he might wonder why you're running to the toilet so much. )

eta - definitely was working under the assumption that the guy you are talking to is the one you've been sleeping with. I guess the wording IS a bit ambiguous...

Last edited by Jas; April 17th 2012 at 09:02 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: was this okay to say? - April 17th 2012, 08:36 PM

It depends on the relationship with the guy you told. If he's the one you're having sex with, then, yes, it's Ok to share health issues with him. The idea is that if you're close enough to have sex, you should be close enough to share health issues.

If the answer is no, that this guy is not the one you're sexual with, you might want to ask yourself, from his perspective, what he made of your disclosure. And why you needed to tell him.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: was this okay to say? - April 17th 2012, 08:58 PM

I agree that it depends on your relationship with the guy you told. If you're having sex together then yes, it was okay to share that with him, if not then why does he need to know especially if you haven't been talking that long.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bigwheel Offline
Average Joe

Re: was this okay to say? - April 21st 2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton View Post
I agree that it depends on your relationship with the guy you told. If you're having sex together then yes, it was okay to share that with him, if not then why does he need to know especially if you haven't been talking that long.
This.

Basically, if i was having sex with you then obviously you should be able to say you had a UTI, a UTI isn't an STD (but might be a good idea to get tested incase the symptoms are similar).

If you aren't having sex with the guy you told then you probably shouldn't be THAT open But either way, no serious harm done.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: was this okay to say? - April 21st 2012, 03:27 PM

While a UTI isn't an STI, a lot of girls can apparently get UTIs because of sex (google it, I'm serious) but it's not transmitted from guy to girl, it's got something to do with something else, and it can happen quite regularly for some girls.
In any case, if it is causing you discomfort during sex, yes, he should know.
And you should probs also see a doctor for antibiotics. They can get pretty painful/infected sometimes so yeah...

Closed Thread