View Single Post
  (#146 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Points: 10,617, Level: 15 Points: 10,617, Level: 15 Points: 10,617, Level: 15

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 1st 2009, 04:27 AM

Something that I see is the fact of if God doesn't exist then why the debates? If God doesn't exist then it would be a conversation that would have ended ages ago. But yet this is a debate that has gone on for centuries so if God doesn't exist then why has this debate gone on for so long? That means He must exist. Here is another example:

This is in Acts 5 in case anyone is wondering

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.
"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.
"He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
"And we are witnesses of these things ; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."
33. But when they heard this, they were cut to the quick and intended to kill them.
But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the Law, respected by all the people, stood up in the Council and gave orders to put the men outside for a short time.
And he said to them, "Men of Israel, take care what you propose to do with these men.
"For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a group of about four hundred men joined up with him. But he was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing.
"After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census and drew away some people after him; he too perished, and all those who followed him were scattered.
So in the present case, I say to you, stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown ;
but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God."

This was written before 62 A.D.

I'm not here to argue, I'm here to debate in a mature way and respect different opinions just for the record.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

Last edited by Youth Pastor; April 1st 2009 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Reworded some things and so no one would think Michael Jordan is beyond human, except on the court :P