Thread: Male Advice Preferred: Dating a bisexual girl
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59

Re: Dating a bisexual girl - March 17th 2013, 08:11 PM

I mean, I have heard some people say that before. My U.S. History teacher once got on the topic of gay marriage and basically asked "What about the bisexuals?" He made it seem as if one day a bisexual would get tired of dating the current person and leave them for the other gender. But, he is also seventy years old and therefore from a different era. Some of my classmates were able to disagree with him about the topic, telling him that yes, bisexuals can marry whoever they want. If a bisexual leaves someone, it's not because the girl will leave them for someone else just because she can, it's because she's just not into them. Basically my classmates, both male and female, tried making that point but of course he didn't hear it.

So I think that maybe it also depends on the person and their own views. You're going to have people who will be accepting and understand that bisexual doesn't automatically mean you're going to be promiscuous, and other people who don't really understand. But hopefully other people will give you their opinion on what they think as well.

But you're right that you don't need to define yourself by your sexuality. Just because you're bisexual doesn't mean you're going to be unfaithful or leave your partner with no reason, so if you meet someone who thinks that maybe you can politely explain to them.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive