View Single Post
  (#157 (permalink)) Old
I ♥ Jehovah Shalom! Offline
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Points: 15,287, Level: 18 Points: 15,287, Level: 18 Points: 15,287, Level: 18

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 1st 2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But, let's use your logic: if it's constantly being debated, then it must exist, right? Well, by that, evolution would exist, the Big Bang Theory would exist, etc... . That's faulty logic on your part.

suniesha, I'm amazed how someone with such knowledge of the Bible can be so ignorant as to blatantly ignore vast amounts of it. Here are a few of the many contradictions:

" "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" " (Jeremiah 32:27), this easily shows God's arrogance and his all-powerful being.

"The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots." (Judges 1:19)... if God was with them, and God was all-powerful, then he easily could have beaten people with iron chariots. Evidence he's not all-powerful.

That is the first of many contradictions.

" You shall not commit adultery. " (Exodus 20:14).. pretty plain and simple.

Unfortunately...

" When the LORD first spoke through Hosea, the LORD said to Hosea, "Go, take to yourself a wife of harlotry and have children of harlotry; for the land commits flagrant harlotry, forsaking the LORD." " (Hosea, 1:2)

For the record, haroltry means prostitution.

Yet another contradiction.

I don't intend to make you disbelieve, however, you shouldn't pick and choose what to believe and blatantly ignore the parts that go against your belief. That, seems to be rather weak faith because strong faith would imply that you may recognize contradictions but still believe. Unless, of course, you are able to twist these bible passages around to show they're not contradictions (I'd be amazed at how you could do that without distorting their meaning and without giving irrelevant information).
The quote in Jeremiah is re-insurance, if you believe you know GOD can handle anything. I mean He's also a Jealous GOD, when you get save you're supposed to worship Him and nothing else, so when you worship other things like t.v. for example.. He gets jealous.

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!