View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: I'm addicted to purging - April 3rd 2013, 01:24 AM

Hey Madisyn,

Welcome to TeenHelp! While your purging might not be diagnosable as an eating disorder, since you aren't doing it to control your weight, it is still a serious issue that needs to be dealt with. Do you know what it is that is causing you to have a love of purging? You mentioned a sense of accomplishment, so one thing that you might want to think about doing is looking at your life and making a list of other healthier things that you have accomplished. These could be things like achieving good grades in school, getting a position that you really wanted, or learning a new skill. Start looking at those things as a source of pride, rather than using a behavior that is harmful to your body.

Also, talk to your doctor about this. I know it's scary to admit that you need help, but you do. Although my purging was for weight loss purposes, I still had to go through a similar situation when it came to telling my therapist about it. As reluctant as I was to do it at first, she helped me come up with a recovery plan that worked for me. Talk to your doctor about finding one that works for you as well. Trust me when I say that you'll feel better and you'll feel accomplished because you managed to kick this bad habit.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie