View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Do you let your disability get in the way of your life? - April 4th 2013, 04:10 AM

Haha, I do too. It is not weird.
I have nystagmus too.
I've heard of space camp but I've never been, sounds cool though.
I've done a lot of outdoor camps (hiking, repelling, swimming etc.)
I kind of fear busses too, I do not have enough practice with them to be very comfortable or comfortable at all really. I havent been on a bus in like a year....
I hope the process goes well for your friend and it is cool you know someone else with a guide dog; I know other people too that have them and they are great to talk to about what life is like with one etc.
I've heard very little about the minature horses and they are not an animal I would apply to receive. I love horses but I wouldn't want one if I had to travel to busy places and how would bringing them into places work? I believe people are more used to guide dogs (which would be stereotypical because when people think of blind people they either think of a guide dog or a cane) so bringing a horse might cause some conflict or resistance. Plus leaving them outside would be counter-productive to them being a guide. Maybe there is more to this than I know...I wouldn't doubt it.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.