View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Do you let your disability get in the way of your life? - April 6th 2013, 05:03 PM

I think the attitude you have toward your disability is very commendable. It's great that you're willing to keep moving forward despite the difficulties you've faced.

As for me, I try not to let my disability run my life, but sometimes that can be difficult. I have a seizure disorder that appeared out of nowhere when I started high school. The doctors say I don't have epilepsy, I just have random seizures. I've been put on several different kinds of seizure medication, but so far none has worked. Some medicine I took in the past, along with some medicine I'm taking now, has made my hair start falling out. I'm lucky I had really thick hair beforehand, or else I'd barely have hair at all. It's gotten so thin, and it breaks easily.

My seizures also cause injuries; I tend to bite down very hard on my lip (you're unconscious during a seizure) to the point that I bust my lip open and have a difficult time eating. I could also easily fall and hit something when I start having one, it's happened several times before and once I even had to get stitches. I'm also 19 years old and can't drive, because I could have a seizure. I have to be at least one year seizure free before I can try to get a permit. I also can't get a job, not only because I'm a liability and nobody wants to hire me, but because no matter what job I try to find, it would be extremely easy for me to get hurt very badly from a seizure. Waitress? Nope. Fast food worker? Nope. Wal mart? Even there, nope.

However, I do try to look at the bright side of things and I continue to hope that someday, the doctors will discover why the medicine I have to take doesn't work, and be able to rid me of my seizures.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.