View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Girlfriend Isn't Ready - April 24th 2013, 02:32 PM

I don't think you can pressure her at all simply cause you want to have sex and are frustrated by being deprived. You need to want to have sex for the right reasons (cause you love her, want to share that with her etc). If you can't wait until she's able to work through her anxiety around it you can always break up with her, but it'll make you look like a shallow jerk who values being able to have sex more than the relationship (maybe that not true in your point of view, but you have to realize she'll probably think that) OR you can stick it out and accept that not everyone has sex at the same time in a relationship, she'll consent to it when she's ready and if you can't love her enough to wait until she's in a place that she's ready then she deserves to be with a guy who can have the patience and self-restraint to do so.... It's not that I don't understand being sexually frustrated but you can't expect her to be ready before shes capable of being ready just because your frustrated.

Now that being said, if her anxiety issues are so severe that she can't even discuss having sex without having some kind of break down then maybe she should consider talking to a counsellor or something like that. Because it's not just about you having sex, I'd be more sympathetic about that but so clear to me that it seems her issues extend beyond just having sex. It doesn't sound like she's simply not ready, so talking to someone to work through her anxiety might help.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1022059 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!