View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Points: 12,436, Level: 16 Points: 12,436, Level: 16 Points: 12,436, Level: 16

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 2nd 2009, 09:40 PM

Lyndsay, I really wish you would stop copying and pasting sentences from my brain. It's really disconcerting :P

Sonic: I'm not sure why're you're talking about AD when dating Jewish things. (Incidentally, I don't think there is a 0 AD. I think it went from 1 BC to 1 AD. I read that somewhere, but I can't remember the source or if I trust it.) Encyclopedia Britannica tells me that little is known about the Jewish calendar before the Babylonian exile, but that the one we (Jews) use today was developped in the 10th century BC (by the Gregorian calendar).

And when you say "science has and almost definitely will disprove religion" when the two appear to conflict...it makes me think you're missing my point. My point is not that the religion is wrong, but that people are misinterpreting something along the line. Since we, as a society, trust things backed by scientific evidence and we, as Jews, trust things backed by the Torah, we know their must be something wrong with the way we're interpreting the information we're getting from these two trusted sources.

And a question about the term "Creationist." Having read my post, who thinks I'm a Creationist? I honeslty had never head the word before I came to the States and am not entirely sure what it means...

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]