View Single Post
  (#439 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16

Re: How are you beating Self Harm? - May 9th 2013, 01:31 AM

I have a lot of physical health conditions that require me to go to hospitals a lot.. If any of my doctors saw them they would discontinue some of the treatments they've done for me, because i wouldn't seem mentally stable..

That's what got me to stop in the first place.. needing to seem mentally stable. So that's motivation enough.. Even at times when I'm not, I've learned to hide it pretty well.

That, and the fact that I have 3 little brothers who found out I harmed myself.. I really want to be a good role model for them, and a good big sister.. I want them to feel like they can come to me about anything,.. So I didn't hide it from them.. They know it's something I dealt with.. But it's also something they know I'm 2 years clean from, and I don't want to let them down.. you know?

Whenever I get triggered and feel like harming myself again, I remember that and manage to distract myself.. The internet is rather helpful when it comes to distracting. :P Haha

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.