TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Trayvon Martin - May 9th 2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
A middle aged man chases a teenage boy when police told his jive ass not to.
Zimmerman said he was returning to his truck when Trayvon confronted him. There's no account of Zimmerman actually chasing Trayvon down and accosting him, the verbal part of the incident was initiated by Trayvon, who went after Zimmerman to ask him why he was following him.

Quote:
My opinion of what went down:

*Zimmerman confronted Trayvon asking why he was in the neighborhood. Probably racially profiling him and provoking the situation.
There's no evidence of rational profiling, the FBI conducted a hate crime investigation and found no evidence of any racism in Zimmerman's actions. There's also, again, no evidence of Zimmerman chasing Trayvon down, but there is a police report backing up Zimmerman's account that Trayvon initiated the confrontation.

Quote:
Trayvon was defending himself like Zimmerman claims he was defending himself despite being armed and heavier.
Not only was Zimmerman shorter and in much worse physical shape than Trayvon, you don't defend yourself by starting a confrontation and pinning the other person to the ground and smashing their head in. That's not self defense.

Quote:
Zimmerman keeps changing his story. First Trayvon slammed him on the ground, then Trayvon reached for his gun, then Trayvon ran and Zimmerman tackled him. Which story is true?
Considering I've never heard the second story backed up before throughout this entire case, and the police report doesn't back it up, I'm going to go with the one where Zimmerman, being in the shape that he's in, didn't chase down a highly athletic football player.

Quote:
At the end of the day, Zimmerman disobeyed police so therefore he is going to fry. Mark O'Mera is a terrible attorney. Why is he trying to postpone the trial date from a few weeks from now? Explain that one?
Dispatcher's aren't police, and don't have law enforcement authority. Regardless, when the dispatcher said they didn't need Zimmerman to follow Trayvon, he said "okay" and then returned to his truck. The notion that Zimmerman chased Trayvon down and tackled him is wild speculation.

Quote:
Plus the defense isn't doing stand your ground which basically would have made Zimmerman's chances of freedom higher.
Not if it isn't needed, and again considering the complete lack of evidence the Prosecution has, I don't see how they're going to be able to refute the defense's claim that it was self defense.

Quote:
Zimmerman is going to be found guilty given 15 years minimum.
You might want to read up on the statue for Second Degree murder and the SOP of evidence based legal procedure. You can't convict a man on public opinion, which is what this trial has been about since the start.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.