Thread: Crying for him.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Infinite Offline
astronaut
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicolle

Unhappy Crying for him. - May 16th 2013, 05:42 PM

So yesterday was the second-to-last day of freshman year of college, and after dating my boyfriend for the majority of the year I realized I had to make a decision... and I broke up with him.

It wasn't because I didn't love him or that I didn't think we were happy together. He treated me right, he was nice. But we are two different people, with two VERY different priorities, two different lives. I needed something completely different from him than he could ever give me. He couldn't save me, I couldn't save him. We have to save ourselves now.

I do feel terrible for hurting him. I feel like he's a little lost puppy in life and I was the only thing keeping him afloat. As dumb as that may sound, he depended so much on our relationship. I should probably stop talking to him. He keeps asking for me back, saying that he wanted to marry me one day, that he's sad, that maybe we could get back together when summer's over, that he'll change for me. But I know that my words can offer no comfort. I don't really know if we'll ever get back together. But honestly, probably not.

I know the waves of loneliness and helplessness will wash over me all summer, but slowly I'll find a new direction... even if it's alone. I'm not crying for me, I'm crying for him.

Our lives are not our own.
From womb to tomb, we are bound to others.
Past and present.
And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
sonmi 451

twitter // tumblr

Send a message via AIM to Infinite