Thread: Crying for him.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Crying for him. - May 17th 2013, 10:21 PM

I had a similar experience with an ex-boyfriend. We dated for over four years - I was his girlfriend throughout his entire time in college, and he was my boyfriend for most of my time in college. I broke up with him after he finished his last round of final exams because I knew it wasn't going to work out in the long run. He had been able to meet my needs when we first started dating... but as I grew older, I realized more and more that he couldn't possibly change enough to meet my needs. I needed to find someone who was compatible with the more mature version of myself, the Robin who had developed her personality/interests/beliefs over her college years. He begged and bargained, and it was really hard to say "no" over and over again. I truly did care about him, and I wanted to give him a chance... but I knew he could never be that person I needed him to be. It would have been cruel to lead him on by giving him a "trial run." You probably should cease contact for a little while - give him time to be apart from you and get used to being single (it might feel too routine if he gets to keep talking to you on a regular basis... too much like a relationship, even though you broke up with him). Good luck, and remember that you won't regret this in the long run. You might regret it during the lonely summer months, but when you find Mr. Right further down the road, you'll be glad you didn't stay with your ex-boyfriend for longer than you did.