Thread: Triggering (Substances): Is this alcohol abuse?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Bullet Offline
Amanda <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Points: 7,214, Level: 12 Points: 7,214, Level: 12 Points: 7,214, Level: 12

Re: Is this alcohol abuse? - May 18th 2013, 01:23 AM

I don't believe that you are abusing alcohol at all. You're not drinking to get drunk, you just enjoy the feeling. You enjoy that drinking just a little bit takes the edge off. If you continue, however, or increase your intake, it can be unhealthy and can turn into an addiction. I understand that you want some kind of distraction. Have you tried writing down your feelings? What I mean by this is, when you feel the need to take a drink, why dont you stop and think why you want the drink in the first place. This can help you assess why you are making the decision to drink and can help you change your actions.

Instead of drinking or "keying" your wrists, have you tried other methods of pain? Less destructive? Like pinching or snapping a rubber band on your skin? This helped me quit cutting. I must say congratulations also! 9 months is a long time! You've come far, so don't let yourself fall back into that destructive behavior. Try distracting yourself with an activity that you enjoy, or talk to a trusted friend or adult. (:

I hope this helps a little. (:

Bullet <3

PM/VM Anytime!

Instagram: spoiledrottens
PM To Add On Facebook

TeenHelp Member Since 5/11/13
Free of Self Harm Since 5/20/13

To Donate, Please Visit www.gofundme.com/wishescometrue