View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): got raped, got hpv, my ex got a girlfriend, ovarian cancer - May 26th 2013, 10:08 PM

As difficult as it may be, I encourage you to go to the doctor right away and order a series of tests/exams to rule out all STIs and STI-related conditions (such as ovarian cancer). The longer you wait, the harder it will be (or the longer it will take) to treat any problems you're having... and it may be too late for some problems, as they can progress to more severe stages if left untreated. One of my friends learned this the hard way with a medical condition he had (not an STI), and he continues to beat himself up a year later because he didn't go the moment he suspected something was wrong. Book an appointment - TODAY.

As for the rest of your story, I am truly sorry about the rapes, and about your way of coping afterward. I encourage you to seek help for the drug use as well, and to use protection from this point on (condoms at the very least, to protect you from pregnancy AND STIs) when sexually active. It's not too late to turn your life around, but if you keep repeating the same mistakes, life is going to get harder and harder to "fix" with time (not to mention that you may make life much more difficult for OTHER people as well, should you expose them to STIs).