View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Adriana.Jennes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adriana

Points: 6,492, Level: 11 Points: 6,492, Level: 11 Points: 6,492, Level: 11

Re: why do people self harm? - June 5th 2013, 03:00 PM

Hey there!

A lot of people actually have this question, and I will do my best to answer it. Some people say that you do it for attention, but that is not the case.

People self harm for so many different reasons. Sometimes they self harm because they have too many thoughts and feelings in their head. It makes them feel like they are in control of something. Some people feel it's a temporary solution to their problems, sort of like an escape.
Some people self harm because they want to let go of the emotional pain and turn it into physical pain. They want to put the hurt that they have on the inside and relate it to something that they can actually see. Some people do it because it's a relief to them. And some people do it because they want to cause themselves more pain, because of the hatred they have for themselves. There are so many reasons, it's impossible to name all of them.

One of the things people that self harm have in common are that they are all incredible, amazing and beautiful people whether they believe it or not. Self harm doesn't define them, and they should not feel like it does.

I hope I gave you somewhat of an answer.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me.

Are you having a tough day or night? Then do this, place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. Don't give up.