View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19

Red tattoo not healing - June 6th 2013, 04:29 AM

3 weeks later and it's still not healed. It's still itchy, very rough, and it's still that translucent white color like it's still peeling. Actually, it's peeled several times. I also somehow managed to get a blister on it but I didn't pick at it, it popped on its own but now that's peeling too?

It's not my first tattoo and I was very careful taking care of it--used a light coating of A&D several times a day, switched to non-scented aveeno baby lotion on the 4th day, kept it moist etc. It didn't scab and finished peeling by the end of the first week. I did hear that red ink takes longer to heal but I'm not sure if that's just a myth...

I want to wait another week to see if there's any improvement before I call the place where I got it done. But was wondering if anyone knows if any of this is normal? Will a touch-up fix it? & The color is already starting to fade--but again, I haven't picked at it, didn't soak it in water or expose it to the sun at ALL, have been wearing loose clothing etc.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.