View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15

Re: Would this be considered rape? - June 12th 2013, 08:37 AM

From what I was taught in school, yes and no.
Yes because you were both intoxicated (and you claimed to be drunk) therefore neither of you can legally give consent.
On the other hand, considering you remember what you said and what happened, and that you know you said "yes" (and that he was sober enough to ask 4 times), then it sounds quite consensual and I don't think that if you were to pursue legal action that it would end with a nice outcome.
I think it would pass for sexual harassment but again, I think the pros of action against your friend just doesn't outweigh causing a massive rift between families/friends etc. I think it's best to learn from the experience and know that you don't have to feel pressured to have sex, if you feel uncomfortable. It's your body. We all make mistakes and I really think that is what this was. You already knew that you would end up making out with him before you went but your lack of judgement (due to the alcohol) made you make the choice to go.
Um, that's all I can offer on it, I may be wrong, but it's just what we were taught and how I understand it.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.