View Single Post
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: What caused you to have your first self harm episode? - June 23rd 2013, 10:08 PM

I've been self harming for as long as I can remember (due to stress, abuse, or just an uncontrollable need), but I first cut myself because I was suicidal. I had mono at the time, nobody was home, and I was going to end it. I probably would have if it wasn't for the cutting.

I told my mom about the cutting and pulling because I had to. I wanted/want to swim competitively again, and there was no way she wouldn't have noticed the scars/missing hair. She cried. Freaked out. I'm not being forced into counseling or anything, but she's doing research on it. The next time she asks, I'm just going to tell her that I've stopped. It's so awkward and uncomfortable with her anymore, and I want her to stop worrying so much.
There's no way I'm telling my dad.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM