Thread: Triggering (SH): Self-harm habits.
View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: Self-harm habits. - June 23rd 2013, 11:08 PM

Where do you self-harm (in your house)?
I self harm in my room or the bathroom.

Where do you self-harm (on your body)?
I cut on my thighs, wrists, palms, shoulders, forearms, and upper arms. I have self harmed in places that a bra/bikini would cover. The majority of the cuts are on my right thigh and right wrist.
For any other kind of self harm, any area is fair game. I pull hair from any area I can.

How often do you self-harm?
It depends. I usually cut at least once every few days. Sometimes once a day. I usually pull or do some other form of self harm every day.

How much do you self-harm (e.g. number of cuts)?
I can make as few as one or as many as twenty+ cuts.

What time of day do you usually self-harm?
Whenever I can. I prefer to do it when nobody is home. If my family is home, I try my best to wait until nighttime.

Where do you keep the things you use to self-harm?
I keep them in a travel bag. Sometimes I bring them with me in a purse.

Have you ever had to go to hospital/got an infected wound/needed help afterwards?
I've never gone to the hospital for it before, though there have been a few times that I probably should have. I have gotten many infected cuts. I don't go to people for help with the cutting.
I had to go to my mom for help with the trich once, though.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM