Thread: Triggering (SH): Self-harm habits.
View Single Post
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
kissthestarsgoodnight Offline
Naga's Minion
Not a n00b

Name: unknown

Points: 8,348, Level: 13 Points: 8,348, Level: 13 Points: 8,348, Level: 13

Re: Self-harm habits. - June 24th 2013, 01:47 AM

Where do you self-harm (in your house)?In my room. I have done it out of the house though. I used to do it at school sometimes, if I did, it was in the toilets.

Where do you self-harm (on your body)?
When I first started (Nov 2011) I cut my wrists. I then progressed and started to cut my arm, below my wrists. Because I did Physical Education as a GCSE, I had to wear short tops, and I was ashamed to show them and scared is people saw them. So I decided to cut my thighs, hips and stomach. As well as that, recently, I cut right at the top of my arm, but at the back, so when I am walking whilst wearing a short top, it is unnoticeable. The only time it can be seen is when I turn my whole arm e.g. when I put my hand up, do my hair, reach, or stretch.

How often do you self-harm?
I have been without it for a month and a bit now (whatever it says on my ticker in my signature, aha ) I scratched my keg yesterday, about to SH, but I stopped. So its only a little scratch almost, I don't count it. It depends really, on how I am feeling but I am unsure.

How much do you self-harm (e.g. number of cuts)?
When I do have an episode, its not just a single cut. Its as many as I can until I feel sick, dizzy or pain. This can go on for ages.

What time of day do you usually self-harm?
Usually at night. But sometimes during the day. Whenever I feel the need or erg to I suppose.

Where do you keep the things you use to self-harm?
In a jewellery box that no one notices. Some of the other items that I use are just random and sharp, so they're just left.

Have you ever had to go to hospital/got an infected wound/needed help afterwards?
No. But I really should of on many occasions. One time about a month or two ago, I ran out of a class, and straight to the toilets. I done it their. I cut to much, and to deep on my upper legs. When I thought the bleeding had stopped, I pulled up my trousers and went to my councillor/mentor at school in her office as I was supposed to see her during the time I was in the toilet. We was talking like normal and I become really dizzy and I started slurring my words, losing my balance and shaking. My hand were on my lap, and as I moved them my councillor pointed out the blood that had seeped through my trousers and appeared on my arms from where I was leaning. She knew what was going on and that by telling anyone exactly what she had just saw would make things so much worse. So she ran me to the toilet where I done it, and helped clear my legs up. She passed on the information that I cut to my head of community/school but not what she had seen or helped me with. My head of school then contacted my principal and they had a meeting with a series of my other teachers and they all decided that I should go to the doctors. My councillor/mentor when to the doctors with me the next day.

"Smiling is only a symptom of happiness and can be faked."