View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: HELP Im 15 and i want a girlfriend - July 7th 2013, 08:37 AM

Well, my advice to everyone is to wait till they can legally drive and have a job. Yes having a girlfriend is nice and all, but it seems like most early high school relationships aren't true relationships.

One thing to keep in mind is to keep yourself interested and involved in a variety of activities. I recommend getting a job when you can legally get a job, be involved in some sort of physical activity whether it is a sport, martial art, or etc, and some sort of club. That way you can meet people. A lot of people who start out dating actually date people they meet through their work and not their job.

Another thing is to be happy with yourself. It is easier said than done. When I was happy with myself and content to be single, then I had people who wanted to date me and be in a relationship with me. On some level, people can sense desperation. If they think you want a relationship, then they do not necessarily want a relationship with you. When I look for guys, I look for guys who can complement my better half and I complement them. The guys desperate for a relationship are unappealing. Also, I want guys that have things going on for them and are active. I am a firefighter, work full-time, go to school full-time, and do martial arts. If the person is needy and wants me to make them feel better than that is unappealing to me. I also want someone who is independent and can do their own thing. My boyfriend has his own interests like working on the motorcycles/cars, building things, working on the house, his job, fishing, etc.

Confidence and being interesting go a lot farther than just wanting a relationship.