View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17

Afraid that adding another medication will throw me off.... - July 7th 2013, 07:29 PM

I'm not entirely sure where this post fits, but I'll put it here since it deals with "mental health" more so than being "depressed or anxious."

So the past two weeks, I felt like I was going to die and I was consumed with that thought process 24/7, except when I was sleeping, which was very rare and when I did fall asleep, I would either sleep really really late, or wake up every hour.

So, I went to the doctor who put me back on my old anxiety meds that he previously took me off of, (cold turkey) because he said that since I was only on them for 2 months, I should be find, and he didn't like the choice that my previous doctor had made by putting me on them. But alas, he was wrong, and I was having withdrawal symptoms, so I'm back on them, and he wants to taper me off of them. But the thing is, their the only drug that I seem to can function on. I couldn't function before, I would lay around and do nothing because I felt SO sick. I called off work, and when I went to work, I made so many mistakes because I couldn't think straight. But now, I'm doing better at work, I haven't called off, I can go out and do stuff again. I still have some symptoms of anxiety, but it's not nearly as bad.

He was going to take me off of them because they are supposed to work for 12 hours and frankly they weren't, but now they usually are. Unless I'm particularly stressed about something, then they don't. But I don't want to be taken off of them. He also prescribed me prozac, but told me not to take it for a week. I really don't want to start it. I like where I'm at right now. My friends are all happy that "I'm back to my old self again." I don't want to get screwed up again.

I haven't really be overly depressed, anxious, and I haven't had thoughts about self-harm in awhile...I want to keep it that way.

I don't know what to do? Any ideas. I want to keep making progress.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3