Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Alcohol. - July 13th 2013, 02:38 AM

Hey Jessie,

I went ahead and moved this on over to Substance Use because it just seems like a better fit.

Serious question here. Does anyone know about your drinking problem? I'm not counting people that know it's been a problem in the past. I'm talking about people that know it's continuing to be a problem right now. If there isn't anyone, you really need to tell someone. There's seriously no limits on who it can be, but it needs to be someone that will continue to push you to recover. That's honestly the biggest thing that helped me when I was trying to get off of drugs and alcohol. When you have someone that you need to answer to, it gives you more of a reason to keep pushing forward. Oh, that reminds me. There is one limitation on who you tell. Make sure it's someone that you love and respect enough to be honest with. If it's someone that you're willing to lie to, it won't do you any good.

I'd also recommend seeking out some sort of support group. I'm not sure what there is in the UK, but I'd be happy to help you do some research, if you'd like. As cliche as it sounds, there's something seriously helpful about talking to people who are struggling with similar situations to yours. It reminds you that you're not alone and, when you start to care about other people's recovery, it can help you care about your own. While I never did it in terms of alcohol, I did find support groups for something else that I went through and it did me a lot of good.

Here's the thing, Jessie. You can do this, but only if you truly want to. You're the only thing holding you back from recovery. So, you have to make the commitment to recovery. Don't do it for other people, either. Use them as a support system, but do this for you. I have so much faith in you, girl. I've seen you go up against a lot and you always come out on top. So, keep pushing forward with this. You'll get there.

If you ever need anything, I'm around. I've been where you stand and I'd love to offer some support in any way I can.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.