View Single Post
  (#326 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23 Points: 27,101, Level: 23

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 14th 2013, 02:29 PM

It's fairly easy to get charged with manslaughter. You can accidentally hit someone with your car and still get jail time for manslaughter. So it's odd that in this case he didn't. However, I feel that if he had shot me, a bright young white boy, then he probably would've. Hell, if he'd shot a bright young pretty white girl, Zimmerman would probably be on his way to the chair just now.

I read a black man's response last night. He said that while people were initially hopeful of the jury because they were made up of a group of people involving mothers, that their motherly instinct was overruled by their fear of the black man. That, with their children in mind, they would steer clear of the black man and find him to be a violent thug, and that played the biggest part in their decision.

Remember that Marissa Alexander, a black Flordiain woman, received 20 years imprisonment for firing warning shots at her abusive husband. "Stand Your Ground" ought to have protected her the same way it seems to've protected Zimmerman. Link.

But the common factor in both cases is that the black person lost.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.