View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Superwholock Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikki

Points: 6,384, Level: 11 Points: 6,384, Level: 11 Points: 6,384, Level: 11

Re: I need help my parents found out about my self harm?! - July 25th 2013, 03:10 AM

Hey. Sorry to hear about how your parents reacted but at least you can get help now.

I started self-harming at the age of 11 and my parents found out when I was 13. I had one friend I told everything to and even though she knew i cut, it wasn't until after she actually saw the cuts that she told my mom. I got home that day from school, not knowing she knew, and I went to my bedroom like always and my mom came and knocked on my door. I open it and she had tears in her eyes and said 'show me your arms' and I started freaking out. I tried to act like she was crazy and just said things like 'what are you talking? why?' and stuff like that but she just grabbed my arm and saw a few cuts and burn marks. I only had a few on my arm because I mostly did it on my hips and legs. I thought she'd stop there and I'd say it was no big deal since there were only a few but then she made me lift up my shirt and also show her my legs. Obviously she flipped. She started bawling her eyes out and hugged me and started blaming herself which made me feel like shit. She made me sit in the living room while her and my dad searched my bedroom where they found a few poems that I had written (they were pretty dark) and then she started thinking I was suicidal (but I had never had a suicide attempt). She asked me if I needed to go somewhere to get help and I begged her not to take me anywhere and she agreed not to but she went through my phone (which is how she also found out i'm an atheist. fun day.) and started checking for cuts almost every day. After about 6 months she stopped and I'm 15 now and we haven't talked about it since. I started self-harming again a couple months after she stopped checking and she hasn't found out yet. I feel awful because I know what it did to her when she found out, but I guess that's not enough for me to quit.

Anyway. Good luck with everything<3 You'll get past this.