View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Himitsu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yuki

Points: 6,782, Level: 12 Points: 6,782, Level: 12 Points: 6,782, Level: 12

Re: I need help my parents found out about my self harm?! - July 25th 2013, 08:49 PM

My mom found out when she found a journal I kept of the time when I SH'd. My mom had a history of depression (and SH too, but I can't say for sure) and she just told my dad and I got called in to the bedroom that night. They searched me, but I don't scar easily, so they only found a dozen or so, but it was enough to give them a scare. They started asking me why, but, since they are both doctors, they were reasonable about it. I wasn't grounded, but they checked on me now and then and had my blood tested and all that. (Which may be good if you think it's possible you got infected). I think though once I got open with them I got so much less scared. It's horrible when they first find out, but they move on and WILL trust you again.
I'm so glad that your mom was understanding. Getting caught is horrifying, particularly when it's being caught by loved ones. Just know they are only angry or upset becuase they care about you so much and can stand the idea that they may have caused you to do something like that. It's how parents are. They will forgive you and move on and if you can break away from the SH, all the better. Use their support. Best of luck. Feel free to PM me if you ever need it!