View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
SarahRose14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Points: 6,561, Level: 11 Points: 6,561, Level: 11 Points: 6,561, Level: 11

Smile Re: I need help my parents found out about my self harm?! - July 30th 2013, 05:28 AM

Almost the exact thing happened to me when my mom found out. I was writing something and one of my wrist bands slid up. My mom freaked out! She took away my laptop and took me to the mall to 'get my mind off it'
A few hours later when we got home I was still freaked out so I went into the bathroom and cut my wrists again.
Since she was already suspicious she checked my wrists again. When she realized I was addicted to cutting she rushed me to the hospital. I fought and screamed the whole way I even tried to jump out of the car on the freeway.
I was admitted to the psychiatric ward of the hospital after about 6 hours in the ER. By then it was like 3AM.
I had a panic attack in my room there and a nurse almost had to put me in a straight jacket (yes they're real not just used in movies)
That was over a year ago. I was given medication and taken to LOTS of therapy.
Although I fought it like hell at first all of it really helped me. They had a program in the hospital where they taught me how to play piano. I've had lessons ever since! You can't deal with this on your own. If you want to get better you have to give it your effort. Feel free to ask me Anything about this. I'm here for you. - Sarah