(#3 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: College and Working - August 6th 2013, 07:06 PM

Hi Chantal,

Honestly, this is completely your decision and you know that. I personally had 3 part time jobs (and still do) during college. One is/was owning my own business, another as a coffee barista, and another as a tutor.

It is definitely possible to sustain a job during college. It may be easier to find a job through your school (if the school has job offerings) because they better understand the school/work balance. I think that it doesn't hurt to try a job. Worst case scenario, you quit and just don't list it in your resume. Try a light work load. Maybe 8-12 hours/week depending on your class schedule. Just be sure to have a little time on the weekends to relax

It's frustrating when people we're close to disagree with our opinions, but your cousin's opinion isn't necessarily the right one. Everybody has different tolerances and stress thresholds, and just because they wouldn't do it, doesn't mean you can't.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013