View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: addicted to self harm..friends say i need help - August 17th 2013, 03:48 PM

Hey Jacob,

There are a few options you could try in order to find a counselor; you could try calling a random counselor and explain your situation to them and see if they know of any low cost counselors in your area or you could google "Low cost counseling [inset hometown here]". When I do the latter for my home town a few items pop up in google and maybe the same thing would happen for you as well. This would at least give you a direction to start calling to get into low cost counseling.

As for needing stitches; I wouldn't recommend letting them heal on their own. The reason it isn't good to leave them to heal on their own is because I have been told that the deeper a wound is the more likely it is to succumb to infection and all of that. You definitely don't want an infection. Here is the first aid sticky and I suggest you look at that.

Jacob, I know seeking help for you self harm can be hard but you are doing a lot of damage to your body and it would be so much better for you to seek help then to continue doing this damage.

I hope this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.