View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jake M Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,273, Level: 11 Points: 6,273, Level: 11 Points: 6,273, Level: 11

Question Dating Broken Girls - August 27th 2013, 05:02 AM

Ok, I'm going to start with a little bit of background for addressing this question.

Me and my most recent ex had been friends for 5 years, I was always there for her when she needed things. And that's how our relationship started.

We didn't really talk much before, but anytime something in her life happened everyone she knew would contact me and practically beg me to talk to her. Because they all knew that she trusted me and that I like to listen. Basically I helped her through a few of her ex's and then her parents divorce, eventually I fell in love with her and we dated for two years. And broke up 2 days ago.

Now my question is to everyone, should dating broken girls be a big red flag from the start. What I mean by this is, should you start dating a girl while she's in a bad place like I did. I feel a strong reason why we broke up, was because things in her life are just starting to stabilize and she really didn't need me anymore, so she got bored and has moved on. There were some other reasons too, I was insecure at the end. But, essentially is it true for all girls in general, that you shouldn't try to build a relationship with someone while they're down?

Will it always break once they're in a better place and no longer need to depend you for emotional security?

And has anyone personally built a relationship like mine and had it last for a significant amount of time. (must be a really long time, because mine lasted 2 years and the idea is that i'm trying to figure out if one can last like forever off this basis.)

Because I feel like I do best with girls that are in a bad place, I like to try to help them, and not usually with any intent for a relationship, just to help, but then I always end up developing feelings for them. 3 out of 3 of girls i ever cared about were in a bad place when i met them.

Now, I don't use girls, and would never think to, I just find that I'm more comfortable when I'm in a position of power and they just trust me. I'm not so good at developing relationships with girls who are completely confident and have their lives on track, they just don't ever seem to be the least bit interested.

Anyways, I would just like peoples opinion on this,

Thank you,
Jake