View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Passing on addiction to something else - August 30th 2013, 06:59 PM

Do you mind my asking what this has to do with passing an addiction on to someone else? Are you pregnant? Or do you have people with addictions in your family???

I think that the best way to get over it, to start, depends on you, like you need to be willing to change things in your life and have the determination to beat it. I know that I had a friend with some serious addiction issues and one thing that helped her was hanging out with with people like myself who could be a good influence for her because having good people in her life would inspire her to be better (ex. my being in university and what ever else vs. hanging out with other addicts who might tempt her)..... It also helped that she had a reason to "stay clean" that transended her need to cave. She has a son. Now I definitely don't think you should have a kid to fix the situation lol buuut I do think that finding something that you can remind yourself is more important will help. Like maybe you want to make it all about school or something (what you need to do to go to college etc.)

You can also seek out other options like counselling and stuff. You also need to be prepared for how mentally challenging it can be, but it'll be ok

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.