View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
thelonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lahra.

Points: 7,664, Level: 12 Points: 7,664, Level: 12 Points: 7,664, Level: 12

Question cyber bullied over music... idk - August 31st 2013, 01:35 PM

ive always liked heavier music but I never really felt as if I could freely express that to people in fear of being judged. not long ago I started listening to that music openly and found that even though most people I know didn't like the same kind of music they didn't really mind and it made no difference to them.

soon I was connecting with people who liked the same bands I did over the internet on twitter and such. no one minded me liking that music either and i made a lot of friends through liking the same bands and such.

recently i was chatting with a girl on twitter about a band and if you don't know on twitter everyone sees everything you write unless you privately message someone. within 1 minutes of our conversation we were receiving hate from people from jehovah witnesses (idk if i wrote that correctly sorry) telling us that we were devil worshippers and that we were listening to satans music and that we were sinning we were gonna rot in hell etc etc.

i personally don't have one strict religion i kinda gather little bits of other religions and form my own beliefs. i don't really know much about the particular religion these girls were from but im kind of insulted and i was wondering if listening to heavier styles of music is actually sinful.

sorry this is so long idk its affecting me negatively though and i thought someone on here might be able to give me answers SORRY