(#5 (permalink)) Old
JenniLou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenni-Lou

Points: 6,342, Level: 11 Points: 6,342, Level: 11 Points: 6,342, Level: 11

Red face Re: So, so very lonely. - September 6th 2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony. View Post
Thanks for your response. It's just, I wish I had someone to chit chat with in down time during the school day, or at lunch...even if we don't necessarily hang out a lot. I just want a friend so that even if we don't get to talk (because of classwork during the day) I don't feel isolated...
I'm in just about the same boat as you are. I especially was last year fall. I was new to my orchestra and everyone else had joined a year before me, so they were all best buds and I knew absolutely no one.
So I sought out the other quiet kids, the ones who looked about as lonely and lost as I felt. We didn't talk much, but at the end of the semester I had one person who I could talk to and at least hang around with in the cafeteria, both supporting each other. That's one option you can try.
Another is sometimes the really outgoing and friendly people will take you under their wing. The next semester for me, one of the "popular" kids (not the most, but up there) and I sat by each other at the table, and she and her friend were talking. She told her friend she was taking algebra 2, and I commented "so am I"! I asked her more about herself and we had a lot in common. Now we're friends.

Wow, that was a mouthful. I hope some of my experiences can help you make some decisions!