View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Foreign Language Dilemma- What About College? - September 20th 2013, 07:27 PM

If you know you want to major in music, I would look at some of the local college's requirements for admission/music majors (even if you don't plan on going there) this will give you an idea of whether you need foreign language or not. My high school required either 3 years of one language or 2 years each of 2 different ones and the colleges here have 3 years of foreign language in high school as an admissions requirement, which is fine since we had to do it anyway.

I would not recommend option 4 since you'd just be repeating what you've already had, and I'm not sure if it would count as a second year or not.

If you need to stay in a language either for graduation or college admission you can either finish with French, even if you don't like it; or replace it with Chinese (unless there's another language you can take instead)

If it's not required for either, then you can drop it and replace it with something that might be relevant to a music program if there's something available.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte