View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Foreign Language Dilemma- What About College? - September 22nd 2013, 12:58 AM

Most colleges don't force you to have taken specific languages before going to university because not everywhere teaches all the different languages (ex. Spanish here, French there, etc.) and international students might only know a native language (ex. Russian, Swahili etc.) plus English. So I wouldn't sweat it to much, as long as you speak English (which you clearly can) then I wouldn't sweat it much. Unless you are trying to get into a program that focuses on languages or like an international thing (ex. international policy, or a school in another country etc.), but really, I'd learn what ever language you feel will be most important to you. Take both even, or teach one to yourself, you can still find ways to add that onto your resume when you start applying to schools, that way if you can't take both in school you can still be like "yeah I took chinese/french classes/taught it to myself and took stuff in school"

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions