View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: My boyfriend got another girl pregnant... - September 24th 2013, 01:41 PM

The first thing that I would do is make him get a paternity test. If she is claiming that the child is his then they need to make sure that it is or is not really his child. As Lizzie said, being in a relationship with someone who has a child is REALLY difficult. When I got together with my boyfriend he had a relationship from a previous relationship and it was a tough schedule to work around with him. He had set days where he had her and I couldn't be around because he didn't want her to get attached to me and then when/if we broke up she would be devastated. But you really do need to think about this. You've said you're jealous and depressed and other things.. this is a really big step to take. It's not always hard accepting a significant others child into your life. For the longest time Erin (girlfriend from previous relationship) did NOT want me around Madeline at all. I had to take Madeline to the grocery store one day to get something and she totally flipped out on my boyfriend.

Why don't you suggest to him to get a paternity test done and take a step back. Think long and hard about this. You also want to talk to your boyfriend about this. Ask him what he plans on doing if it is his child, will he want to try a relationship with this girl, will he want a family with her, will he want to stay with you while he's going through this messy situation. Yes, you might love your boyfriend, but you're young and you won't want to share his attention with a child. You'll want a boyfriend that can commit 100% of himself or his time to just you. I've been with my boyfriend for two years and I always come second to his daughter and now our son and I'm OK with that. Being so young and taking in someone else's child is a HUGE thing to do and if it's not what you want to do 100% then it might be better to just part ways.

Please feel free to PM me about anything, whenever.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.