(#16 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Atheist support - September 25th 2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason C. View Post
Oh, Can I defend Christians here? There is a bit of hypocrisy in christian's, but there's also a bit of hypocrisy in atheist also. Some atheist claim to be highly-moralized and more morale then a christian, but act like the christian's you guys are calling out on this thread. It's human nature, so of course it doesn't fully follow God. It isn't all atheist or all christian's, in fact its the minority that give's the bad rep. I live in a heavily christian state yet all of the christian's I've met supported gay rights and believed that God created everybody equal. Oh, and the bible doesn't really give God's full persona. In fact nothing does. Interacting with God by praying is the closest you can get. I'm glad you're proud of who you are. I respect that, just don't let your hubris make you jump to conclusions. It doesn't help you see the world in a better light.
I fully agree with the fact that being a Christian doesn't make you a hypocrite. I'm not going to generalize by saying that all Christians are hypocrites or intolerant. I have met a few that have a very liberal point of view and seem to have a solid balance of faith and reason. That being said, I'm not sure it's the minority that creates the bad reputation. 90% of the Christians that I have had a civil rights conversation with tend to lean towards the picture that a lot of us have of Christian views. It's just the way it seems to be in the Christian culture right now.

By the way, quick disclaimer. I have nothing against Christians and I fully respect the fact that people have the right to believe in whatever they choose. I just can't bring myself to fully believe in God after everything that I have seen and experienced, being in a heavily Christian environment.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie