View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I stopped cutting... but I keep finding other ways to hurt myself - September 26th 2013, 08:35 PM

Hey there,

I think it is normal to come up with other ways to self harm. I know that I have struggled with this in the past but as stated you can overcome this. Recovering from self harm can be a really hard thing to do but it is worth it.

I think you should definitely check out the alternatives to self harm whenever you are feeling an urge to harm yourself. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/) It might seem as though the alternatives are not working at first but if you keep using them your body can and will adjust to them. Your body has gotten used to self harm so it will take time for it to adjust to other ways of coping.

Would you feel comfortable reaching out to your parents or another trusted adult about this so that you could work on getting counseling for this? I know that might be hard to do but in the end counseling could be a really good tool for you in overcoming this. A counselor would give you a safe place to talk about all the things that are bothering you and would help you work on finding healthy ways of coping with your stressors.

Do you know the things that are triggering your urges? If you can work on figuring out what is triggering you you can work on trying to resolve those issues or at least find some proper coping skills for those triggers. Something that might help you work on identifying your triggers is keeping a journal. Whenever you are feeling an urge to harm yourself you can write in your journal and this will, hopefully, open you up to some of your triggers.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.